September 16, 2013
California Department of Transportation and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority have announced that four teams have been shortlisted to participate in the Request for Proposals (RFP) process for the design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Accelerated Regional Transportation Improvements Project (ARTI Project) through a public-private partnership (P3) agreement.
The agencies have released the names of the consortia but companies included in them are not known:
- Accelerate LA
- Accelerate Los Angeles
- LA Accelerated Mobility Partners
- LA Mobility Partners
The concession term will be 35 years after scheduled completion, or any earlier substantial completion, of all project elements.
The Project consists of the following six elements, all of which are located in Los AngelesCounty.
- Element 1: I-5 North Capacity Enhancement
- Element 2: I-5 North Pavement Rehabilitation
- Element 3: SR 71 Gap (I-10 to Mission Boulevard)
- Element 4: SR 71 Gap (Mission Boulevard to Rio Rancho Road)
- Element 5: Soundwall Packages 10 and 10A
- Element 6: Soundwall Package 11