By Damien Newton, October 28, 2013
Did we mention there’s a hearing on the future design on the Hyperion Glendale Bridge Redesign? Because if we hadn’t mentioned it before, we really should have.
- Monday – I don’t know how much more we can write about the debate over the Hyperion Glendale Bridge Redesign. But I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. The big public hearing, forced by the public outcry, is tonight at 6:30 at the appropriately named Friendship Auditorium in Los Feliz. Get the basic details, here.
- Tuesday – Mobility 21 holds the 12th Annual Transportation Conference, the biggest one-day transportation event in Los Angeles. It is big. Get the details, here.
- Thursday- I like to think of Halloween as the first Livable Streets Holiday. Enjoy everyone, and drivers be cautions of all the little ones wearing black Batman outfits running around.
- Saturday- Starting at 11 on Saturday, the festival
will gather input from community members about the pedestrian and bike
linkages in the Union Station area and in the surrounding communities of
El Pueblo, Chinatown, Cornfields/Mission Junction, Arts District,
Little Tokyo, Civic Center, and Boyle Heights.
LACBC is providing the bike valet and helping with the bike ride that is part of the event. Read the rest of the details, here.
- Sunday – I’m not saying an 8 am ride to see the sites that made the Fresh Prince of Bel Air such a great show isn’t super appealing. I’m just saying I’m sleeping in. Details.
- Sunday- Our old friend James Rojas is leading one of his interactive modeling projects for Santa Monica/West Los Angeles’ Airport2Park coalition at a community picnic. Santa Monica Next has the details and will post an interview with Rojas next week.
- Sunday – “This short walk features a Griffith Park segment, where we’ll be over the bridge; a half-dozen stairways and passages; and a finish at the [Hyperion-Glendale Bridge] bridge with a presentation on this structure’s future. It will be a great walk even if you care about none of this—but you do care, right?” Details. Facebook.