By Damien Newton, November 4, 2013
It’s something of a light week from a “there’s a really important meeting we have to go to change the world” point of view, but there are some fun things to do this weekend…after you write and submit your comments on the Hyperion Bridge redesign.
- Tuesday – CD13 (O’Farrell) host s a community meeting on the upcoming streetscape meeting for Fletcher Bouelvard between San Fernando Road and Ave. 36. If you want to see Fletcher Boulevard become a Great Street, this is your chance to be heard. Get the details, via O’Farrell’s flyer, here.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - The Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles is a new health and wellness chapter that will be included in the Framework Element of the General Plan. The Framework Element outlines guiding policy principles for the General Plan, which is known as the City’s planning constitution. As part of the City’s guiding planning document, the Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles will elevate health as a priority in the City’s future growth and development. This week’s meetings are in the Harbor Area, Westside and North Valley, respectively. Get the full schedule, here.
- Thursday – Submit your comments to Caltrans on the Hyperion-Glendale Series of Bridges redesign. All the details on how to submit comments are here. What to say can be found here.
- Thursday – Sunday - A festival of films showcasing how people around the world are working to make their city a better place. The festival starts on Thursday and runs through the weekend and is produced by Josh Paget and Joel Karahadian. Get the full schedule, here.
- Saturday – ARTCRANK! The bike poster sale/beer bash is one of our last fundraisers of the year. Thanks to Widemer Beer, ARTCRANK and Space 15 Twenty. We’ll be partying from 4 pm to 10 pm. Come check it out. Did we mention the $5 bottomless glasses of Widmer Beer? We did? Cool.